Subject: Mojo's Challenge
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 09:57:33 -0400

On Thu, 22 Jun 1995, Wes Parham wrote:

>   So, what is 'Mojo's Challenge'? 

In the Last Word column of the latest VTU, Mojo bitches and moans about 
George Lucas' plans to alter Star Wars by adding all sorts of new effects 
and footage that was dropped from the original movie.

His challenge is for everyone to try redoing parts of Star Wars and send 
it in to VTU...they will then send a tape to George Lucas with the intent 
of showing him that he's "wasting his time" by modernizing Star Wars.

He did raise some valid points in the article....Star Wars is very much 
like a time capsule of sorts that shows what was state-of-the-art in 1977 
and it would be a shame for this movie to be replaced by something that 
is glitzier.  But then again, it's Lucas' movie and if he's not happy 
with it then he certainly has the right to go back and "fix" it.

I feel that Star Wars is THE reason I'm working in 3D graphics right 
now...I spent 6 years of my youth totally infatuated with the Star Wars 
saga and became a hard core sci-fi fan because of these movies.  I've got 
mixed feelings about Lucas changing something that had such a major 
influence on my life, but I guarantee you I'll go see it when it comes 
out. 

I, too, will be taking the Mojo Challenge....it's an amazing opportunity 
to possibly have your work shown to George Lucas!

                                      -David Warner
                                       Event Horizon Graphics

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]